Signs You Need Toilet Repair
Is there something wrong with your toilet? It’s probably time to call in the plumbing experts from Dipple Plumbing, Electrical, Heating & Air.
You need to schedule toilet repair if:
- Your toilet won’t stop running - First check that the chain is hooked up and not blocking your flapper's seal. Then call in our Greenville toilet repair experts because there are a few reasons it could be doing this that aren't DIY friendly.
- Your toilet is leaking - Even a small leak can worsen over time so it's important to get our toilet repair team in ASAP. Look for leaks from the tank or base of your toilet.
- There is a crack in the bowl or tank - Even a small crack can put the rest of your toilet at risk, so it's important to get this situated before it gets worse.
- Your toilet will not flush - There could be something wrong with your chain that isn't hooked up properly to lift your flapper and begin the flushing process.
- Your toilet handle is loose - This could lead to phantom flushing if your handle keeps pressing down when no body is looking. You can always take the handle off to ensure that it is screwed on properly.
- Your toilet makes strange gurgling sounds - If you ever hear something coming from unused plumbing appliances watch out. This could either be an indication with something wrong with your toilet or a sewer clog.
- Your toilet clogs frequently - A clog here or there isn't much, but if the same toilet is clogging again and again it should be inspected.
With over four decades of plumbing experience, you can trust that our team has handled every kind of toilet problem imaginable. We have the tools, training, and expertise to quickly repair your toilet and get it back up and running again in no time.
Things You Should Never Flush Down the Toilet
Many people tend to treat toilets like trash cans, flushing many items that don’t actually belong. Did you know that toilets are only designed to flush a few things? Simply put: if it isn’t human waste or toilet paper, it should never be flushed down the toilet.
Our Greenville toilet services team has received many calls about clogged toilets and sewer lines caused by flushing items that don’t belong. Flushing items that shouldn’t be flushed causes serious damage such as blockages, burst pipes, water damage, sewage backup, and more.
Some of the most common items we see people flushing include:
- Paper towels
- Cotton balls
- Makeup wipes
- Baby wipes
- Wipes marketed as “flushable”
- Food scraps
- Grease, fat, or oil
- Feminine hygiene products
Each of the above items, and many more that aren’t listed, should never be flushed down the toilet.
How Often Should I Replace My Toilet?
On average, a toilet can last up to 50 years, but should really be replaced every 10-15 years. As toilets age, they become less comfortable and less efficient. Additionally, toilet fixtures—such as toilet seats, flappers, and handles—become worn down, damaged, or broken, and need to be replaced. If your toilet isn’t giving you any problems, it is probably fine to keep it around. But, if you notice that your toilet wobbles, has cracks in the tank, is inefficient, has a round bowl, or requires frequent repairs, it is time to replace it.
At Dipple Plumbing, Electrical, Heating & Air, our experts are proud to serve the residents and business owners in our community. Providing essential services is not a job we take lightly, which is why we are committed to unparalleled customer care. Each member of our team participates in weekly, ongoing training to ensure we are fully up to date on all the latest trends in the industry. We also arrive to each appointment on time and in fully stocked trucks, ready to provide whatever service you need. Dipple is an authorized dealer of industry-leading brands to ensure that you have the highest performing equipment possible. We are the best team around, and we are here to make your life easier.
Schedule an appointment with our Greenville toilet repair experts by calling (864) 319-3220 today. We look forward to serving you.