When Is Repiping Necessary?
There are many different reasons why you may need to repipe your home or business. Older buildings commonly need repiping due to the types of pipes that were installed many decades ago. Unfortunately, these pipes often start to corrode and affect the water supply. They can also cause breakages, cracks, burst pipes, and even lead to contamination in some cases. If you suspect an issue with your pipes, it is important that you act quickly to avoid a health hazard.
Although we can fix small leaks, repiping may be necessary if:
- You have chronic leaks - A leak here or there isn't too much to write home about, but if you're needing repairs time and time again, you'll save money in the long run by consulting our Greenville repiping specialists.
- Your tap water has become rusty - If the rust is localized to your hot water, then you might want to check your water heater. But if it's in all your water then you might need repiping.
- Your water pressure is incredibly low - Look out for low water pressure across the board. It could be just in your hot water as hot water detriorates piping faster than cold water, but that could also be an indication that your water heater has sediment build up too.
- You have galvanized/polybutylene pipes - Not all piping materials last as long as you may like. Ask our Greenville repiping experts about which materials will work best for you and your home to get the best bang for your buck.
- An incredibly expensive pipe repair job - It's always worth inquiring as to the price of a repiping job if you have a pipe repair that's in a tough spot and that could require extensive work any way. There comes a point where getting everything fixed is going to save you money in the long run as opposed to an expensive repair on old pipes.
Advantages of Repiping
Although repiping can seem overwhelming or expensive, there are a number of benefits to doing so. In addition to ensuring your water supply is uncontaminated and clean, you may also experience improved water pressure and reduced plumbing issues. The value of your home may also go up with new pipes, should you choose to sell in the future.
If you are having issues with your plumbing system, our skilled plumbers at Dipple Plumbing, Electrical, Heating & Air can provide you with reliable piping services in Greenville, SC. With 40+ years of experience and an unwavering commitment to customer care, we can get to the bottom of your issue in a timely manner.
Signs You Need Pipe Repair
1. Cracked wall paint - Not all leaks are going to be strong enough to produce a visible water stain. But even small leaks have water pressure that over time can crack your wall's paint, so take note of any new cracks in your wall paint.
2. The musky smell of mold or mildew - If you have a leak in a part of your home that doesn't have good ventilation then you'll likely get mold or mildew growth as a result. Call in our Greenville pipe repair experts if you smell anything off but just can't place it.
3.An unusually high water bill - If you haven't changed your water consumption but you have a bill that's significantly higher than normal it's likely because of a leak. The best way to test if you have a leak is to turn off all your water and make sure your water meter reads 0.
4. Changes in your plumbing's noises - Even a small leak somewhere can throw off your plumbing's water pressure which will result in changes to its noise level.
5. A visible water stain - If you're lucky you'll get an easily visible water stain as a result from your pipe leak. Call us in quickly because a small leak can turn into a big job if mold or mildew starts to grow.
If you need repiping or pipe repair in Greenville, SC contact us online today to get started.
At Dipple Plumbing, Electrical, Heating & Air, we can handle everything from minor pipe repairs to complete repiping. Our professional Greenville plumbers are ready to hear all your concerns regarding your plumbing pipes. We also provide 24/7 emergency services.
To make an appointment with our Greenville pipe repair specialists call today at (864) 319-3220. We're available 24/7 for emergency services.