Most Common Garbage Disposal Problems
After over 40 years in this business, our plumbers have dealt with every kind of garbage disposal problem countless times. Whether due to misuse, age, or some other factors, garbage disposals sometimes experience the occasional problem.
The most common garbage disposal problems include:
- The garbage disposal hums but doesn’t work
- The garbage disposal won’t turn on
- There is smoke coming from the garbage disposal
- There is a clog in the garbage disposal
- There is a leak below the garbage disposal
- The garbage disposal backs up into the dishwasher
- There is water backing up into the sink
Whatever issue you are dealing with, you can trust that our Greenville garbage disposal experts can get to the bottom of it. Just give us a call and we will thoroughly inspect the system, determine the source of the problem, and implement a lasting solution.
Things to Never Put Down the Garbage Disposal
While our garbage disposals grind down food waste, allowing us to significantly reduce the number of items that we throw away, they shouldn’t exactly be treated like trash cans. Our team has received many calls over the years because garbage disposals become clogged, damaged, or completely broken after certain items are put inside.
Things you should never put down your garbage disposal include:
- Coffee grounds
- Onion skins
- Fruit pits
- Potato peels
- Fibrous vegetables such as celery and asparagus
Items such as these can seriously damage your garbage disposal and leave you without one of the most important systems in your kitchen. If you are experiencing problems with your garbage disposal after putting any of these items down it, then you might want to call in our professionals. We can ensure your system is back in good condition as soon as possible.
Things You Can Put Down the Garbage Disposal
While there are certain things that should not go down your garbage disposal, there are plenty of items that can go down it.
Items that are good for your garbage disposal include:
- Small amounts of coffee grounds: A very small amount of coffee grounds is okay for your garbage disposal and will even leave it smelling nice.
- Fruit rinds: Fruit rinds can clean the blades of your garbage disposal and leave it smelling fresh.
- Eggshells: Small amounts of eggshells can help to sharpen the blades of your garbage disposal.
Other items that can go down the garbage disposal include fruit scraps, small meat scraps, vegetable scraps, and more.
Our family-run business is proud to provide the members of our community with essential residential and commercial services. Taking care of your home is what we do best. When something is wrong with your garbage disposal, or you are simply looking to have a new one installed, we are your go-to team.
We show up to every appointment on time, in fully stocked trucks ready to handle your garbage disposal service in Greenville. You can rest assured that we get the job done right the first time, every time. Choose the team that residents and business owners alike have trusted for over four decades.
Call (864) 319-3220 today to schedule service. Our team looks forward to serving you!