How Can I Take Care of My Heater?
Your heater is a big investment, so you’ll want to do whatever you can to take care of it.
Below are some of the best ways to take care of your heater:
- Replace your filter every 1-3 months
- Make sure nothing flammable is kept close to your heater
- Check the pilot light on a regular basis and make sure it is blue instead of yellow
- Clear away anything blocking your air registers during system operation
- Schedule an inspection as soon as you notice something is wrong with your heater
- Schedule routine heating maintenance
The best way to take care of your heater is to stay on top of your maintenance appointments.
How Often Should I Schedule Heating Maintenance?
Much like your car, your heater needs to be regularly inspected and tuned up by a qualified heating service professional. Most manufacturers recommend having your system tuned up at least once a year. It is best to schedule your heating maintenance appointment in the fall to ensure your system is prepared to keep your home comfortable all winter long.
6 Benefits of Routine Maintenance
Skipping out on routine maintenance appointments often leads to frequent repairs and premature system failure, which is why you don’t want to miss your next appointment. Maintenance is the key to helping your system run better for longer.
6 of the most important benefits of heating maintenance include:
- It increases your system’s energy efficiency
- It improves your indoor air quality
- It ensures stronger, more even airflow
- It reduces the risk of repairs and breakdowns
- It enhances your at-home comfort
- It extends the lifespan of your heater
Best of all, routine maintenance provides you with peace of mind. There is no better feeling than knowing your heater won’t break down when you need it most. Give our Greenville heating tune-up pros a call today to schedule your next appointment.
Ways Heating Maintenance Saves You Money
- Spend less on repairs - Not only will regular visits from our Greenville heating maintenance team see to it that you have fewer repairs, but they'll be less severe as well. So not only will you have fewer repair visits, but since we'll catch a lot of problems before they fester they'll be less expensive to fix as well.
- It will keep you under warranty - Always make sure to read the fine print of your manufacturer's warranty carefully. But a common denominator on a lot of them is that it is routinely checked by a licensed professional.
- Spend less on replacements - The single biggest expense in HVAC is a new installation cost. So putting that cost off for as long as possible is critical to reducing your spending on HVAC because it means fewer installations in the long run.
- Allows for more predictable spending - When you subscribe to heating maintenance, you can rest assured knowing that you'll have a good idea of what you're spending on your HVAC ahead of time. Not only does this allow for you to budget for your spending, but it'll prevent the need for emergency repairs that can eat into savings.
Signs Your Heater Needs a Tune-Up
There are times when you might need a tune-up in between your regularly scheduled appointments. It is very important that you bring in a technician as soon as you notice that your system is struggling. Ignoring problems with your heater can quickly result in major repairs, replacements, or even premature system failure.
Some of the most common signs that your heater needs a tune-up include:
- Your heating bills are continuously on the rise
- The air coming from your registers smells funky
- You have a ton of dust in your home after running your heater
- The pilot light is yellow or orange
- Your CO detector has gone off
- You have to adjust your thermostat constantly
- Your heater cycles on and off constantly
- Your heater is making weird noises
When your heater is acting up, our Greenville heating maintenance pros are here to help. We will carefully inspect your system, determine the cause of the problem, and implement the best possible solution. You can always count on us to make your home comfortable again.
Here at Dipple Plumbing, Electrical, Heating & Air, we are in the business of taking care of your home. Over the years, our technicians have developed a comprehensive maintenance program guaranteed to maximize your system’s performance and efficiency. Our Comfort Assurance Plan (C.A.P.) includes one heating system tune-up per year. During this tune-up appointment, your technician carefully inspects every component of your system, tests safety controls, monitors the furnace cycle, tests the thermostat, lubricates motor parts, tightens loose electrical connections, cleans dirty components, and more.
Some of the key benefits of joining our C.A.P. include:
- 15% discount on all repairs
- No overtime charges
- No dispatch fees during normal business hours
- $50 dispatch fee after hours
- 24/7 availability
- Convenient scheduling
- Priority customer status
Schedule an appointment with our Greenville heating tune-up pros today and start enjoying the benefits right away!